Why should I join the PTO?
Membership is the heart of the Alma Schrader PTO. Our goal is to have 100% school family membership. The number one reason to join the PTO is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. Membership means you have a voice and vote. It’s a sign of support for the students and staff at Alma Schrader Elmentary.
Five great reasons to be part of the Alma Schrader PTO:
- Increase Student Success. More than 85 rigorous academic research studies conducted over 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improve, and attendance increases.
- Be in the Know.There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school and how you can support your child’s education.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The PTO plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events – all vital to a school’s success.
- Speak up. PTO can be a way to more effectively suggest changes at your child’s school and in your community and to be involved in making them happen.
- Tap into a Network. PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
How Do I Join?
Simply complete the Alma Schrader PTO Membership Form and turn in membership dues to the school office. PTO membership is annual, so please remember to renew your membership each school year!